Preschool & VPK
Our landmark preschool is located in East Boynton Beach, providing a central location for Palm Beach County, close to I-95. Our Preschool is an affordable part-time program for parents looking to maximize the precious time they have with their preschooler, while still giving their child a solid educational and social foundation for Kindergarten.
We offer a unique 3-day a week FREE VPK program that lets your child experience what a full day of school is like (8:30 AM - 1:40 PM) while still giving you two precious days a week with him/her. We have a Three-year old part-time program as well for those little ones that are chomping at the bit to start BIG-KID School. Depending on interest, we also offer extra enrichment days in literacy, science, and language for a small monthly fee.
We believe that a child’s formative years should be shaped within an environment where young children can learn how to learn, throughplay in a nurturing, happy and safe atmosphere. There are opportunities for the children to gain new skills, form good habits and learn to be responsible as well as respectful.Program Highlights:
- Creative, nurturing teachers with over 50 years of combined love
- School library and music classes
- Focus on Family Connection
- Hands-on, experiential “whole child” learning
- Consistent High Scores on Kindergarten Readiness and
- Welcoming, warm environment
Mission Statement The goal of our preschool is to provide a Christian environment that allows the young child to grow: INTELLECTUALLY EMOTIONALLY PHYSICALLY SOCIALLY and SPIRITUALLY
- We provide a developmentally appropriate program that will address the whole child.
- We are committed to guiding the children on their individual level of development, and therefore have small classes taught by highly qualified teachers with years of experience.
- We, at all times, provide opportunities to stimulate growth for each developmental stage through free play, with a wide range of indoor and outdoor materials.
- In order to prepare children for the rigors of today's elementary school programs, we includehands-on literacy, critical thinking skills, math and science in lessons throughout the day.
- We strive to make your child’s first educational experience one that will be a fun, exciting, loving beginning of a bright future.
FIRST UNITED METHODIST VPK and PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION FALL 2017-2018
4 year old / FREE VPK Class- Registration now in progress.
- Three Days a Week - Mon/ Wed/ Fri - 8:30 a.m. - 1:40 p.m.
- Children must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2017 to be in this class.
*Children turning 5 between June of 2017- September 1, 2017 who have not yet participated in VPK may also be eligible. Contact Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach for more details.
- Class will begin in August. (Date to be announced)
- VPK students will need a VPK Voucher from Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach.
< Depending on Interest, we may offer enrichment days on Tue./Thur., with a monthly tuition fee.
3 year old class- Registration begins January 12, 2017
Two Days a Week
- Tuesday/Thursday 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Children must be 3 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2017
- Registration Fee- $ 75.00-NON-REFUNDABLE
- One Time Supply Fee- $100.00- due first day of school-NON-REFUNDABLE
- Tuition- $130.00 - $195 per month-due on the 5th day of each month.
*Depending on Interest, we may offer enrichment days on Tue./Thur., with a monthly tuition fee.
- Class starts September 2017 and children must be potty trained
Call or email Anastasia Chandler, Preschool Director for more information
Some Reviews from around the web:
-My son attended the preschool for 2 years. It was way more than we could have expected. They have small class sizes, teachers who are respectful, loving and playful, a cozy feel to the school, and classrooms and it was affordable. This school and the teachers fostered a love of learning and love of school. I was surprised how much my son learned too. I cannot tell you how wonderful and perfect this school was for my son and our whole family. We only wish we could stay at this school forever. It was bittersweet when he graduated from VPK. We also met the best group of families that attend the school who will be our friends for life despite us moving to Illinois.
-My 2 younger daughters went to this preschool. They (and I) had the best year here. It is such a safe and loving environment, and they learned so many things that they were more than prepared for kindergarten, in fact they got put in to gifted classes! LOVE, love, love this preschool!!! Small classes, big classrooms, performances, parent days, activities, etc., I really wish I knew about it for my oldest daughter
-This school is a GEM...the only school that offers VPK in a 3-day format, which is such a blessing because I get to spend extra time with my kids! The teachers are amazing...it is a small school, with small class sizes, and people who are full of love. My kids come home repeating all the wonderful things they've learned. I would like to have more kids just so I can send them to FUMCBB!!!
-Precious and charming. FUM is a going to be a treasured memory for my son. Wonderful hours and days that are not too long and enable you to still spend time with your child. Teachers are all a dream, loving and caring and really get to know your child because of the small class sizes. Highly recommend.
Or on our Facebook Page